Thursday, 27 January 2011

Fate 6th of January 2011

One of my friends from uni today called me and gave me some rather unexpected news....Shes getting married!


She has only spoken to the guy twice- but she said you just know. When hes the one for you. I guess you know when hes the prince charming.

I do find it strange and overwhelming that when you meet that special person youll just know! But i guess theres a soulmate out there for everyone. Its all down to fate at the end of the day- so I guess youve got to leave fate to work its magic.

I had the strangest conversation with mum today. I dont know if it felt weird for her or just me! She asked me whether I felt like we should be searching for someone like my friends. My honest answer probably should have been yes- but as the only daughter and feeling like my parents little girl I laughed it off and said- "ofcourse not mum"! And in some sense part of me was telling the truth- but I still found it difficult to tell them maybe I was ready!

For that moment I put myself in their shoes- how would it feel for my parents to accept their only daughter would want to settle down? From my persepctive yes I am older and feeling more mature- but from their view I was only 5, 5 minutes ago!

Look at that double chin- some things just dont change!

So ive decided, whats the harm, getting my career sorted, giving them a couple more years to come to terms with the idea. And I will let fate do its job and bring prince charming round when the time is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment