Friday, 28 January 2011

What do clothing sizes really mean?

Just wanted to pick up on the one thing that I have been thinking about lately....clothing sizes!

Basically clothing shops...market themselves very cleverly of course...their a business but it shouldn't be allowed!

The question is...why are we being made to feel like size is such an important thing. For example- I have two pairs of jeans...one pair from Topshop (size 12) and one pair from HnM (size 10). Why is it that they are both different sizes? I can only be one size.

Its not fair that  shops are allowed to produce their own sizes to please the customers...its all one big great lie. If a girl has to choose out of the two shops she should shop at- shes obviously going to go to the shop with the smaller size- i.e. HnM- this suits Topshop because they  want the slimmer- less curvier girl to shop there so it portrays a certain brand image.

Topshop brand image


Why isn't there a law to say that clothing should be manufactured to good standards- certain standards and be regulated? Why? It is wrong that shops can size clothing so they are able to portray a certain image- it is not fair on the customers buying the clothing.

So that's it- Ive decided to stop being so concerned over the size of clothing and have my own size- "healthy size". I refuse to let this get to me any longer. Do we feel concerned over our shoe size- NO- so why should we let clothing sizes get to us any longer? Why should it matter if your a 12 or a 10?

Why should sizes mean anything to us?  Obviously this is a issue that has bothered me for a long time- but no more- enough is enough and I take a stance! Its just a label after all.

Curvy beautiful girl Whitney Thomson

No comments:

Post a Comment